“Never say goodbye because goodbye means going away and going away means forgetting.”
Goodbye is the worst word. It is, in itself, an oxymoron. There is never a goodbye. Maybe a good riddance, or a lumpy throat "see you later", but never a true goodbye.
And yet, they are surrounding me right now. Drenching and drowning me in my own tears. Each one taking a painful piece of my heart with it.
The resultant emotions accompanying this word can be wide and varied: sadness at a parting? Happiness for a person or a change? Anger at being left behind?
No, for me "goodbye" is fear. Fear of being forgotten or of forgetting.
This time around I don't want to hear it and I refuse to say it.
And yet, they are surrounding me right now. Drenching and drowning me in my own tears. Each one taking a painful piece of my heart with it.
The resultant emotions accompanying this word can be wide and varied: sadness at a parting? Happiness for a person or a change? Anger at being left behind?
No, for me "goodbye" is fear. Fear of being forgotten or of forgetting.
This time around I don't want to hear it and I refuse to say it.
No comments:
Post a Comment